Ectodermal Dysplasia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Meeting Place For People With ED!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
We appreciate your continued support - please spread the word!

Loss of hair only after puberty

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mira

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Loss of hair only after puberty Empty
PostSubject: Loss of hair only after puberty   Loss of hair only after puberty EmptyThu 9 Feb 2012 - 0:11

Hi, I had lost my hair from about 15 while my mother (who I assume also had some form of mild ED) lost hers at her late 20s. I want to know if one with ED can loose hair at a later age or if this is impossible.

The point of the question is that if it is impossible or (never heard of but could not be excluded) I would somehow put my mind at rest that I lost it not becasue ED, and consequently my children will not loose it. My son (3) has good amount of curly lightbrown hair (similar to angels in church paintings) and quite normal, but my daughter (5yrs) has very blond straight hair which according to me is just below average, but you would not say she has anything wrong or lacking. However she can't have long her as if it does not keep the length (maybe a sign?) Initially was dry, but now it improved alot.

It would be a big relief if there is some kined of 'proove' that hair loss in ED patients will always manifest in childhood (and so maybe my children will not have this symptom)

Sorry for taking long. - when I have nothing to worry, by default i worry for the future of my childred icw ED, since I believe the my mum and me have mild ED.

Back to top Go down
http://www.maltanaturetours.com
Mike
Site Admin
Mike

Male
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2005-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Loss of hair only after puberty   Loss of hair only after puberty EmptyThu 9 Feb 2012 - 21:08

HI! I used to hair straight white hair, which seems common in children with ED. I went bald (almost) by about the age of 18?
Back to top Go down
http://ectodermaldysplasia.coolbb.net
Jwalztoni

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Loss of hair only after puberty   Loss of hair only after puberty EmptyThu 16 Feb 2012 - 19:08

I also started balding very early, probably around 16. I am now 22 and use my beard trimmer without a guard and give myself a homemade buzz cut. Besides the obvious facial construction, I look like a normal person now. It helps to have facial hair that comes in black and full Smile
Back to top Go down
Mira

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Loss of hair only after puberty   Loss of hair only after puberty EmptySat 18 Feb 2012 - 21:16

Yes I am more or less like you, and I do not bother much now at my late 30s. The question was actually more for girls as they seem to be more worsely effected due to the genetics involved. Like you. I do not have any problem with fertility.

When I was teen, however, it was quite tragic the fact of loosing my hair - I had a full head of wavy dark brown hair. Actually, I got informed about ED from research after obsering missing teth in my daughter, the same as me. Loss of hair in young men is acceptable, as you said shaving it gives a natural 'OK' look, but for girls, that is very very serious - that's my concern, and I don't like the idea of my daughter having a wig at 16years old (swimming, sports, and courtship problems). In my late 20s I was learning / interested about hair transplant (eg: cesari ragazzi tm), and hope that it would be improved and price-reduced in 10 years time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.maltanaturetours.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loss of hair only after puberty   Loss of hair only after puberty Empty

Back to top Go down

Loss of hair only after puberty
Page 1 of 1