A Meeting Place For People With ED!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
We appreciate your continued support - please spread the word!

Share | 

Implants.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mike
Site Admin

Male
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2005-12-09

PostSubject: Implants.   Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 17:01

I have very recently learnt from my dentist that the NDH (Newcastle Dental Hospital) have received a multi-million pound grant from the government to train dentists on implantation.

My dentist is referring me to them to put me on the waiting list - for free!

I reccommend you contact the NDH for details or see your dentist if you are interested!

Jwalztoni

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Implants.   Thu 16 Feb 2012 - 19:17

Implants are GREAT. I had them done 3 years ago, and they have completely changed my life. I made a post about it just a few minutes ago in the first forum category which you can read the story on them. The only thing I can warn anyone about would be the smoking audience. I was a smoker, I learned from my oral surgeon something very interested. No matter who you are, once you are full grown, the bone in your jaw/mouth shrinks a certain amount every year which will affect your implants down the road and minor repairs can be made. Now, if you are a smoker, that rate nearly doubles. Within 15 years after receiving your VERY expensive implants, you will have some MAJOR repairs that need to be done. So if you are a smoker and considering implants I would highly advise switching to a non-tobacco form of nicotene until you can get off completely. I use nicorette mini lozenges. They come in a 4mg and 2mg option. If you smoke atleast 1 pack a day I would recommend starting with the 4mg. Just some advice for those who want to take it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Implants.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1